Client: City of Moonee Valley
Contract Sum: $0.8M
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The Napier Park Stormwater Project has been designed to recreate the Parks original ephemeral water course which flowed only after rain events. In the 60’s, stormwater was directed and conveyed underground, however this meant the red gums received significantly less water and subsequently their health declined.
A new vegetated swale will be built which will treat the water before if flows into an underground, tank, Five Mile Creek, Moonee Ponds Creek, the Yarra and ultimately the Port Phillip Bay. The works have provided additional habitat for local flora and fauna within in the area and improved the health of the local ecosystems.
• Site Setup
• Removal of existing services
• Stormwater Drainage pipes
• 250m Storm Trap underground tank
• Levee Installation
• Installation of Irrigation System.
• Heavy rains delaying progress
• Conflicts with existing services
• Redesign of pipe runs to avoid services
• Limited Site Access
• Deep excavation