Client: Bayside City Council
Contract Sum: $0.5M
- Reshaping and Cliff stabilisation using soil nails
- Supply and installation of sandbags at toe of the slope.
- Geosynthetic reinforcement with matting and soil nails.
- Construction of a screw pile retaining wall with concrete sleepers.
- Construction of new shared footpath with stainless steel handrails
- Limited site access
- Tidal changes
- Environmentally sensitive work area.
- Multiple work elements
- Working on Vic Roads road
- Pedestrian and Traffic control.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Beach Road Foreshore Remediation
Slope instability has occurred below the shared path along the foreshore, opposite house numbers 354 – 361 Beach Road, Black Rock. Entracon has been engaged to undertake works to stabilise a section of foreshore embankment along Beach Road, from the shared footpath down to beach level.
The works involve reshaping of the embankment, installation of matting and geogrid along with soil nails and sandbags at the toe of the embankment.
A new footpath with a stainless steel handrail was also constructed on Beach Road