Client: VicUrban Luke Morrison
Contract Sum: $0.3M
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Bourke Street Water Harvest, Melbourne, VIC.
The works include construction of a pump station and valve pit in the centre median of Bourke Street, open
trenching west across Bourke Street and connections, access construction and internal diversion works within
the existing culvert drainage structure, located beneath the footpath on the corner of the intersection.
- Construction of a new access manhole and concrete weir within existing 3 x 1.8m box culvert.
- Installation of pipework connecting stormwater culvert to new pump station and reticulation system.
- Construction of a stormwater pump station, incorporating antiflotation provisions, submersible sewage pump set, float switches, salinity meter and associated instrumentation.
- Construction of saline return infrastructure.
- Limited working area.
- Pedestrian safety.
- Traffic management.
- Working under confined space in a live storm water system.
- Controlling of tidal flows.