Client: Client: Central Highlands Water
Contract Sum: $0.74M
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Bullarto Reservoir Upgrade, Bullarto, VIC.
Bullarto Reservoir is an earth fill embankment dam, located approximately 5 km north east of the township of Bullarto. The reservoir was built in approx 1950-1960 and has a volume of approximately 600 ML. The reservoir is the main water supply for Daylesford.
Central Highlands Water Corporation has conducted an annual condition assessment of the reservoir with ANCOLD Dam Safety Management guidelines (2003a). The assessment reveals that Bullarto Reservoir is in need of embankment and upgrade works to rectify potential embankment stability issues.
- Bulk earthwork including importation of general fill from a local borrow.
- Installation of 2A and 2B filter layers.
- Removal of existing outlet pipe and installation of new pipe.
- Conditioning, placement and compaction of earth fill.
- Reconstruction of stabilising berm.
- Relining/sleeving of existing outlet pipe.
- Construction of new valve pit.
- Associated pipe work.
Site Issues :
- Maintaining water level within reservoir to undertake construction.
- Rainfall risk.