Client: City of Port Phillip
Rocla CDS in conjunction
Contract Sum : $ 0.2 M
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Design, Supply and Installation of Gross Pollutant Trap, Corner Chapel and Edwards Streets, Balaclava, VIC.
- Removal of a section of pavement.
- Cutting into the existing stormwater system.
- Installation and connection of a gross pollutant trap, consisting of a CDS unit and diversion chamber..
- Restricted working area due to tram tracks, power lines, road, buildings and gas main.
- Project completed over 36 hours working continuously through the day and night.
- Lifting of the sealed road surface was made difficult due to a concrete slab under the pavement.
- The stormwater drain was not in the position plans had suggested and this was not discovered until concrete slab was lifted.
- Compulsory completion of Yarra Trams ‘Tram Overhead Appreciation’ by all employees.