Client: Western Water
CMP Consulting Group
Contract Sum: $0.39M
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Melton Recycled Water Plant Biosolids Area Upgrade, Melton, VIC.
As part of Western Water’s long-term management strategy for biosolids from the Melton RWP, Western
Water intends use the biosolids, either on-site or off-site, in a beneficial reuse scheme. Biosolids from the
Sunbury WRP are also to be transferred to the Melton Biosolids Storage Area, which will almost triple the
volume of biosolids to be dried on the storage area. To accommodate this change in management and to be
compliant with the Guidelines for Environmental Management of Biosolids, the existing area is being
- Site preparation works.
- Construction of various drainage infrastructure.
- Construction of a 3000m2 5% Stabilised FCR Hardstand and access road.
- Construction of stormwater channels.
- Construction of a 600mm deep clay liner placed under Level 1 supervision.
- Removal and disposal of asbestos piping.