Client: Client: Rous Water Authority
Client Authorised Person:
Department of Commerce
Contract value: $2.0M
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Rocky Creek Dam Upgrade, NSW.
- Upper Embankment
• Trenching and pouring of seepage plug.
• Construction of a 450mm wide, 3metre high reinforced concrete cut-off wall.
• Installation of Type 2 filter material on the downstream side of the cut-off wall.
- Seepage Monitoring Weir
• Placement of geotextile on upstream and downstream faces to stabilise the weir.
• Placement of rock beaching.
• Steel sheet piling through the alluvial bed material and existing sandbag weir.
• Installation of a flow meter.
• Placement of concrete rock fill on the crest of the weir.
• Concrete capping of sheet piles.
Site Issues :
- Embankment works on live, full reservoir.
- Remote location.
- Rare and endangered flora and fauna.
- Oversized rock in original embankment wall resulting in over excavation for concrete works.
- Steep access to monitoring weir.
- Modification to sheet piling works for monitoring weir due to rock base to existing sandbag weir
- Protection and removal of Night Tiger snakes during demolition of existing wave wall.