Client: Satterley Property Group Pty Ltd
Project Design: Spiire
Contract Sum: $890K
ABOUT THE PROJECT
True North - Wetland 3
True North residential estate spans across the suburbs of Greenvale and Roxborough Park overlooking Greenvale Reservoir. The works are located within an electricity easement east of Aitken Boulevard & Greenvale Reservoir, Roxburgh Park. The scope of this contract was to complete the construction of the wetland within the requirements and to the satisfaction of Melbourne Water and The construction works involved were the reinstatement of the pre-existing clay liner, reshaping of the batters, removal of existing granite rocks, control weir structures, spillway, installation of balance pipes and the installation of the encased outlet pipe.
- Management of stormwater flows during construction.
- Removal of granite rock boulders from wetland ponds.
- Bulk earthworks involving the cut of 4,500 m3 and grading of over 10,500 m2.
- Construction of drainage pipes and pits
- Installation of clay liner
- Rock Work
- Construction of interlocking concrete blocks over emergency spillway
- Construction to meet Melbourne Water standard requirements and satisfaction
- Construction works undertaken within Electrical easement under high voltage overhead power lines
- Management of stormwater flows and environmental constraints during entire construction of the wetland